2007年12月10日月曜日

ROBOT ROCK

Daft Punk was AMAZING. When I got to the place (Makuhari Messe) I started by waiting in a long line to pick up my tickets. It was pretty much ALL foreigners in the line so I mentally dubbed it the "gaijin line." I guess there was only this one English website providing tickets, so that's where all the foreigners were lined up to get their tickets. I ended up talking to the guys in line next to me and they were really cool! One was from Argentina (Gabriel) and the other was from France (Antoine) and they were roommates in England together, touring Tokyo for the first time. I ended hanging out with them for most of the concert and they were very nice and normal (you never know when you meet random ppl at concerts).

The opening acts were mostly DJs that were pretty good and fun and then there was this one Japanese band, "Boom Boom Satellite," that was pretty awesome! I guess they're really huge here so I may have to get one of their CDs.

So, we decided to get right up close to the stage before Daft Punk came out, which ended up being the most uncomfortable thing ever. About a half hour before they came on EVERYONE started pushing for the front and I was literally being pushed and crushed from all angles. Daft Punk started and it only got worse. We hung out at the front for a few songs hoping the crowd would settle down, but the insanity persisted. I couldn't move and was being pushed and jostled all over. We finally decided that sucked and we wanted to dance, so we moved back about 25 feet and it was fine. We could breath, dance, see better, and enjoy the music. So there we stayed still with an amazing view for what had the be one of the best concerts of my entire life.

I left a sweaty, happy mess. I got a sweet Japanese Daft Punk poster from Antoine who got it free with his CD purchase too. Gonna put a little color in my apartment finally! I also got to walk around the Makuhari area after the concert and explore my old haunts from when I studied abroad. Went the the convenience store I went to daily when I went to school there and enjoyed a beer outside the Sumitomo building, where the IES center was located, in the techno garden.

Harder, better, faster, stronger.


2 件のコメント:

BethanyBarber さんのコメント...

SO JEALOUS. Even though I'm afraid your video mostly sounded like noise and not so much like Daft Punk. I want to Robot Rock MY socks off...

Clifton High Quality さんのコメント...

Ditto. Beyond jealous. \,,/(^_^)\,,/