2007年11月13日火曜日

First Day of Work


I don;t have internet in my apartment yet so I am in a net cafe next door to where I work and using a Japanese keyboard with no apparent apostrophe key-- so bear with me. Yesterday was CRAZY BUSY! The manager of my school met me at the station and took me all over to register for my gaijin card, open a bank account, get gas going at my apartment, go to my school, etc. I was pooped! And Mondays are supposed to be my off days! My apartment is really nice and clean as well. Not humongous like I thought, but definitely a good size as far as Japan goes and plenty of space for one person! I kinda live out in the country, but only a 20 min. train ride from the heart of Tokyo. I am a close walk to the train station and there:s a supermarket right at my stop which is great!

I met everyone at my work including the foriegn teachers today. Everyone is super nice and I think they like me. :) Megan, who is the teacher I am replacing、 is really awesome and helpful and I observed all of her classes today. Jason is who I:ll be working with and he also seems really nice and willing to help me out. I would love to write more, but this keyboard is driving me crazy. I should be coming back here tomorrow with my OWN computer. :) Thanks for your comments. I miss you Luca!! Thanks for reading!!!

oh, and BTdubs-- rugby in a huge stadium is AWESOME. Waseda rules.

1 件のコメント:

Brenda Hiatt さんのコメント...

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this, Dawnie! I was getting a little worried, though I figured it was a matter of you not having internet access yet. Any word on when you'll have it? And can you get a cell phone, or do you have to wait until your gaijin card comes through? So, does your apartment have the loft you were told about? That sounds cool, even if it's not as big a place as you thought. Take care of yourself!
--Love, Mom :)