2007年11月6日火曜日

Schedule & Apartment


So, I got my schedule and my apartment assignment sheet at the end of training yesterday. Bad news:

I work Tues-Sat. until 9 everyday but Saturday which is until 8.

Good News:

I don't start until 11 or 12 most days and my apartment is HUGE!!

The average size of a Tokyo apartment (or at least the ones that Aeon finds) is 6 tatami mats (that's how they measure room size here). I'm not sure what it's the equivalent to. But, my room is 15 tatami mats!! It was the biggest one in my whole training group. And I have a loft, a big closet, and a balcony! I'm pretty darn pleased about all that. It is "Western style" so, I will have wooden floors or something instead of tatami. Still, I will be sleeping on a Japanese style futon and stuff unless I want to invest in a bed. But I've been sleeping well on a futon this whole week at training and find them quite comfortable, so I don't think I'll need to.

Quick entry, just wanted to report that. Otherwise, training is going fine and I've been getting to know my training group better. Today we taught our first lesson to Japanese students that came to the training center and I think I did pretty well! I just need to not say "you guys" so much. ('great job, you guys!' etc.) We teach another lesson to Japanese students tomorrow.

I'm still waking up insanely early and need to get over that since my work days aren't going to start until 11 and go until 9pm. Oh, and I'll be teaching a lot of little kids. I have two classes of 3-year-olds. Which means I'll be singing dumb songs a lot like the "Hello Song" and the "Weather Song" which we practiced today... complete with choreography...uck. I also have a fair amount of higher level classes with adults and advanced students, so I'm really all over the place.

That's all for now. Off to bed so I can wake up way too early again.

3 件のコメント:

Brenda Hiatt さんのコメント...

Wow, it sounds like your apartment will be party central, huh? Try not to accumulate TOO much "stuff"-- unless it's stuff you're willing to sell or give away before you come home next year! Seriously, that's wonderful about your apartment, and knowing you, you're going to love that schedule once you're well and truly over your jet lag. E-mail me your address once you have it, okay?
--Love, Mom :)

Anthony さんのコメント...

Congrats on the big apartment!

BethanyBarber さんのコメント...

You are such an effin' pimp. Loft apartment. Sleepin' in. Can I come live with you and sleep on a futon in your loft? You can be my sugar mama/translator and I'll confuse people by singing opera on the streets (I'm guessing busking is NOT a part of Japanese culture...). Seriously, though--I'm amazed by you. A real job... in JAPAN.